Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mo2005

13 Years Now Reverted

asalamu alaykom its been around 13 years now since i treaded on the path to be look for that something else in life.I used to do amateur boxing, wanted to go pro i meet a guy from iran who i got friendly with and wanted to train me we got quite close as we travelled same bus route hes character was humble and god fearing and use to empahsis to me to fear nothing except Allah subhana wa tala.He was of the shi faith but not completley practsing but it was not him that made me want to revert his character and preaching of kindness and toughness to evil that got me interested just simply thing humans pick up for instance cleanliness and modesty.It goes to show how muslims character with non mulims is a dawah showing how the faith is of importance in life.One evening he had translation of Quran by pickthall i asked to borrow it but at that time really i had never read any kind of book for few years so was just a paperback to me, it not hold significance until i pondered on the verses one evening and it became like tunnel of light at the bottom of a dark pit in the ground and i hade just found my way out of that pit of prison.At first i thought hold on a minute how come in my catholic school i never heard about this, let me wait few days reconcil my thoughts dont want to be maybe blinded, but still as i kept reading all things that i thought of so and so what would happen if someone done this and that and what is is life about are being answered.Its like i was an orphan and i had found my true parents.I eventually decided that i wanted to be part of this and looked through yellow pages for nearest masjid and from there on treaded on my path learning to pray and everything else Islam involves.The close friend tried to tell me at times to pray the shi way but i just could not comprehend as that did not seem the way to follow Islam.Now since i became muslim i have made discisions in life that are more meaningful that i wolud not propbaly had the strength to do without Islam and security and balance in life comes from the faith.I remember one evening confronting my parents over some issue and told this is the way i am a Muslim and i am not going to change this, this was the day after a friend died of ecstasy, also maybe few years after i saw my close uncle dead on his deathbed after cancer that really shook me as i used to work with him weekends for many years and took me a while to get over it so i think after his death i was looking for some answers in life inside me but just did not not know where to look until Allah subhana wa t ala helped me.Many times i wandered why me all these people around me dont know about whats in this Quran but alot of it comes down to also people are to busy to bother, dont want to bother, to set in there old ways dont want change, racist, just plain ignorant or scared of real commitment against their desires i went to catholic school all my life but was catholic by label the essence was not their i loved the works of the prophets kindess good to neighbour charity but the link and connection to creator was not there.

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum

Mashallah, you should always count your blessings that Allah brought you to the right path and that you also didn't become shia. YOu shouldn't think why me- but should be even more happy and amazed that of all the people who were ignorant of Allah, Allah chose to guide you, so remember to be always and continuosly grateful. May Allah make it easy for you inshallah. Ameen

:D

mashallah, brother. your story is very inspiring, and May Allah grant you Jannah. Ameen.

:D

Mash'Allah, Allah has guided you away from your old life, and into the life of Ahl-As Sunnah :D

Asalaamu Alaykum

Praise be to Allah who has guided you from darkness into light. Nearly ever week I see a new Muslim, and these days it’s the youths that revert to Islam. It’s truly an amazing thing. Alhamdulilaah!

May Allah protect you from all thse sects claiming to follow the truth when indeed they are upon other then the truth, truly they are lost!

May Allah forgive us all and guide us!

Wa salaamu Alaykum

Asalaamo aleykum brother MO2005,

Mashallah for reverting to Islam ! It is a wonderful path to be on, the best ! May Allah guide you to Jannah ! :D Jazaka Allahu geiran for sharing your story. Where are you from ?

waleykum assalaam,

mashallah brother!

im so happy for you....

its so amazing to see how many people are converting to Islam and how Islam is really contageous......

thanks for sharing your story with us....

Assalamu alaykum.

Nice story, Masha'Allah.

May Allah (swt) continue to guide you and keep you on the straight path. Ameen.

Assalamu alaykum.

al salamo alaykom brother

jazak Allah khairan for taking the time out and share your story with us, it made my iman go stronger insha'a Allah...

welcome to the Islamic faith and the one bing muslim family brother...may Allah keep you and us on the straight path ameen...

fi aman Allah.