Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
seven

Idle Topic

asalamu alaikum

What is the definition of an 'idle' topic on the forum. There are some that I have seen, but yet have not been closed.

I just want to give some feedback and suggestions the half of the Polling Forum has a lot of idle 'chit-chat' and has not yet been cleaned up. Im not going to ask why as this would then turn into a violation but I will just bring it to your attention.

Is it that idle chit-chat is not allowed in the General Forum only?

p.s. I think Afghan Hijabi got the idea for her signature of me! The 'One' theme. Please ask her to remove it! You should make copyright issues a violation too! :D A lot of people copy stuff on here! (Joking, I dont want her to come down on me like a ton of ... umm keep it if you want!)

PropellerAds

Patience!

Inshallah it'll all be sorted out soon...As you can see the threads have already been locked.

Idle chit chat isnt allowed anywhere....As the prophet peace be upon him said: Whoever believes in Allah and the last day should speak that which is good or remain silent.

Provide links to the threads that come under 'idle' category, and send them to the mods/admins as it would be of help to them and it would make work much easier for them....

After all its OUR forum, we should do whatever we can to help and to make it a better place for all.......

asalamu alaikum

I dont know if you've noticed or not, but the entire Polling Forum is full of chit-chat. There is no topic there where benefit lies. I havnt come across one anyway. If your thinking knowing other peoples taste and style and if you would let your husband marry again and stuff of this nature is of benefit, then keep them open.

I wont say anything here, and I advice you not to too...You might have said this for the betterment of IF, but not everybody takes it that way.....Its better to contact dot...

asalamu alaikum

I'll just wait till Dot gets on himself, he'll read it.

Topic can be closed now.

Edited by D-ZiNeR

I dont think they do either, they'll take it personally. I know what some personalities on here are like.

Avoid!

We all are humans, not every body keeps in mind to find 70 excuses for a muslim brother.....

Avoid giving remarks like that, as it can lead to an argument....Like I said, you might have a totally different/good intention, but not everybody knows that. Each human takes it in a different way..and so its better to contact those incharge through email/PM rather than say it in public.....

:D

p.s. I think Afghan Hijabi got the idea for her signature of me! The 'One' theme. Please ask her to remove it! You should make copyright issues a violation too!  A lot of people copy stuff on here!

actually, it was my friend's idea. :D but, if it bothers you that much, i dont mind changing it.

after i read your post, i went nd changed it. Didnt want to get anyone irritated over nothing. :D

The new rule against idle talk has just been released yesterday.

Please allow a month or so for us to go through all past topics and close whats not beneficial.

And yes, the rule apply on all forums, except the 2 geneder rooms, and the 'just for fun' forum.