Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raja

Superspicious Or Fact?

Assalamo Alaikum,

The other day i took a bus with a brother who staid on it to meet with a female classmate for studies.

As i got off the bus, this little scruffy black dog some man was walking started actually barking at the brother on the bus as if he has seen a ghost from fear! and like the dog was hit by the bus, realy loud.

At first its owner smiled, but after we all looked in the dog's eyes it was as if they where blinded by a bright light, its was hypnotized! The dog did not remove its eyes off the brother until the bus was completely out of sight and far distant!

I called the brother on the cell phone and he said it was the strangest thing he ever felt, the people on the bus where stunned and also felt strange as to why this dog was barking so loud as if it was hurt in a car accident, it was very loud even through the window!

He said he started to pray for shelter in Allah from satan,

it was clear that the dog has seen something we could not, but what? reflection?

Would this be considered superstitious or evident that the dog may of seen what we do in the unseen?

BTW, it took about 45 minutes to type all this, i finished it on a text app, i use mac OSX panther, and every time i have been coming here to post the whole computer slows down very very much as if someone might we monitoring the screen!

Edited by Raja

PropellerAds
He said he started to  pray for shelter in Allah from satan,

it was clear that the dog has seen something we could not, but what? reflection?

Would this be considered superstitious or evident of the unseen?

The dog can't be used by Satan. He didn't see anything unseen. They usually bark when the man looks like another man which have hurt him in the past ( clothes, hair, voice ). Or may be the buss scared him. The dogs eyes in the sun light looks little blind. :D

The site is slow :D i have the same problems but will pass :D

:D brother!

We should not speculate about what it could have been. The brother did right in praing to Allah :D for help againstthe shaytan. It is said that animals can see things that we cannot see. May be there was something that the dog saw. :D the incident is over. The best thing to do is to read ayat Al-Kursee as it saves us from calamities.

Wassalam

:D brother!

We should not speculate about what it could have been. The brother did right in praing to Allah :D for help againstthe shaytan. It is said that animals can see things that we cannot see. May be there was something that the dog saw. :D the incident is over. The best thing to do is to read ayat Al-Kursee as it saves us from calamities.

Wassalam

Assalamo Alaikum my brother,

yes this was a strange thing,

i just wanted to ask if it was supersticous or correct to react the way the brother did.

It was at night time by the way, and many people had fear in there eyes,

this dog realy sounded like it was super frightened, the brother said that the bus driver thought the dog was hit by the bus for a second until he saw the owner was walking the dog,

the owner of this dog however smiled for about 4 seconds, after realising his dog was reacting to something he did not understand i guess, he was also frightend,

he only looked at me and the bus wondering what did it too.

Edited by Raja

Peace.

A lot of dogs, pet parrots, and other animals are afraid of hats. They act as if they think the hat is some horrible monster attacking your head. It's just because they seldom see anybody wearing a hat. The same thing happens with bushy beards, the dog seems to think, "Ack! Some hairy thing is attacking that guys face!" and barks at the guy. It wants to help him, it doesn't understand that the beard is part of him, because it's never seen a man with that much beard. Dogs can be phobic about stuff, too. I know one who was treated roughly by children when she was small and is now afraid of children and will growl and bark at them, seeming very fierce. You can end up with similar situations where the dog fears men, or people wearing red jackets, or whatever. Anyway, it's quite possible the dog didn't see anything you couldn't see, it just had a mistaken idea about something.

Peace Kale!

Animals can see many things that we cannot see. A very strong and recent example is the fact that there were no animal bodies found after the Tsunami disaster. All animals had left the area because they had warning before the disaster.

Jinns are a species that humans cannot see, but animals can. Ofcourse, Christianity does not have the concept of Jinns so you cannot explain something that you do not believe in.

Peace out.

Peace.

A lot of dogs, pet parrots, and other animals are afraid of hats. They act as if they think the hat is some horrible monster attacking your head. It's just because they seldom see anybody wearing a hat. The same thing happens with bushy beards, the dog seems to think, "Ack! Some hairy thing is attacking that guys face!" and barks at the guy. It wants to help him, it doesn't understand that the beard is part of him, because it's never seen a man with that much beard. Dogs can be phobic about stuff, too. I know one who was treated roughly by children when she was small and is now afraid of children and will growl and bark at them, seeming very fierce. You can end up with similar situations where the dog fears men, or people wearing red jackets, or whatever. Anyway, it's quite possible the dog didn't see anything you couldn't see, it just had a mistaken idea about something.

Assalamo Alaikum,

If you read what i posted, you would understand that the dogs owner, a older man in his late 40s and about 12 other people also did not understand why the dog was barking as if it was hit by the bus.

If you have such a understanding about dogs it would be nice if you could bring some information about there way of seen in the dark like cats,

i recently met a brother who told me he lives next to a person who uses dogs to see spirits now! but the problem is, this person who does this also becuase believes they are demons and he got his information from a pagan books store from people who practice the black magic arts!

also, there is a unseen, as quantom physics states, who is sustaining these laws is beyond them becuase doors could open to another universe as if depended on a supreme bieng, i think they are talking about Allah if you ask me, only they would not go near a Qur'an becuase they where raised not to and supersticous as well about it themselves, or worst off, they are cashing in on the knowledge.

Edited by Raja

Peace, Aburafay!

Christianity doesn't say djinns don't exist. I don't discount the possibility that they do.

I'm just saying it's more likely that there's another explaination.

Peace, Raja!

I did read what you wrote. I just don't assume that the dog's owner or the people standing around would know. I work with dogs for a living and meet a lot of different dogs. So, I think my guess is a good one. I had a client with an elderly dog, the owner is in her seventies and has had the dog for twelve years. It barked and growled at me when it first saw me, the owner said, "She's usually so friendly, I don't know why she doesn't like you," and I replied, "It's because she thinks my hat is a monster," took off my hat, and threw it out the door. The dog stopped barking and after a few minutes of suspicion, was friendly. I'm forever solving people's problems with their pet's behavior with simple explainations they've never thought of.

Obviously I didn't see the actual incident, or I might have a different theory.

As for dogs and cats seeing better in the dark -- this has to do with the structure of the eye. The eye focuses light on a collection of light-sensitive cells. When light strikes these cells, it causes a very short-term chemical reaction. The end result is that the sensation of seeing is transmitted to the brain. The light-sensitive cells are of two basic types 'rods' which simply detect light and 'cones' which are larger and colour sensitive. 'Cones' require more light to work. This is why in low-light conditions you have a hard time telling what colour something is -- the 'rods' in your eye are working, but it's too dark for the 'cones' and so you see in black and white.

As animals go, human beings have a lot of 'cones' in their eyes. We have excellent colour vision (only some birds see colours better) but poor low-light vision. Dogs and cats have few cones and lots of rods. So they see better in the dark, but have poor colour vision (though they do see some colour, contrary to popular opinion) Also, their eyes are comparatively larger. And on top of that, they have a reflective membrane at the back of the eye that allows them to pick up more light. This membrane is why the eyes of animals 'glow' in the light of your car's headlamps. In animals where this structure is very reflective and well-developed, the eye-shine will be bright yellow-green, like that of cats. In humans it is so undeveloped that you can't get an eye-shine off a person unless you suprise them at a time when the iris of the eye is fully open -- then you'll get a little bit of a red shine, the 'red eye' effect in flash photographs.

So cats can see unerringly in conditions that appear pitch black to humans. They simply need less light. Same is true for dogs, but to a lesser degree. Owls have nearly no cones at all and presumably see no colours, but they can see even when a cat is blinded by the darkness.

Even more interesting: Diurnal raptors (hawks, falcons, eagles) have more light sensitive cells in the lower half of their eye (well, actually the upper as the image is projected onto the retina upside down and corrected in the brain) than in the upper half. So the images in the lower part of a hawk's vision are much sharper than the images in the upper part. This is why a tame falcon on a low perch will so charmingly turn her head upside down to look at a tall man.

Dogs also can detect a lot of things by smell, which humans cannot detect. Our sense of smell is very weak, that of dogs is excellent. Dogs have been trained to detect cancer in living people by smell. So far, 100% accurate, even in cases where the dog signaled that it smelled cancer in someone doctors thought was clear, more sensitive tests and waiting a bit revealed that the person did indeed have cancer.

None of the 'scientific' theories I've read about how animals are forewarned of earthquakes make good sense to me.

Peace, Aburafay!

Christianity doesn't say djinns don't exist. I don't discount the possibility that they do.

Peace Kale!

Does Christianity confirm that they exist? It may not deny, but does it accept their existence? If not, then you would look for a physical/material reason for things while we would also look at the possibility of Jinns.

As a side note, there is a six story building which used to have an airline booking office and about 60 apartments in the city where I live. For the past five years that building has been absolutely empty as it is occupied by Jinns. I go past it about once a week. They do not interact with humans. If something were to happen in the vicinity, I would be more enclined to believe their involvement on the incident.

Peace out.

Peace, Aburafay!

Peace, Raja!

I did read what you wrote. I just don't assume that the dog's owner or the people standing around would know.

Assalamo Alaikum,

I appreciate your post even though it is not a Islamic answer based on the UNSEEN, which Allah knows the unseen and gives life and sustains it, and also Jesus (PBUH) clearly spoke of in many places as well as other prophets in the bible.

Western scientists call the unseen quantum physics still, while denying it is under Allah' s control because most of these scientists we have been subject to societies of western religions that punished them for even bringing up the question of research, yet very very slowly under western control, the west adopts Islamic teachings, but slowly due to some who have a God complex!

Allah mentions the unseen clearly in the Qur'an 1400 years ago, a book science owes thanks to since there superstitious western religions during the dark ages refused to even use medicines but instead prayed to the bones of saints!

BTW--> did you know that the pope says the Qur'an is he word of God? search pope kiss the koran on google :D

..... May i also note that this rebellious egotistical attitude some scientists continue to commit to themselves even after acknowledging foul play by the religions they or there parents practiced or forced too, all may still think the same way!,

which is the ideology of been a sinner and the need to pray to another (living or dead) to carry there hopes ( saints or other),

or even the sacrifice of another human, and there blood in trade for there sins as a human cannibalistic ritual, instead of looking at what they themselves call superstitious because they can not see or touch ones who turn to Allah with love and make the sacrifice to pray.

Maybe they themselves lack the patience to read the Qur'an, maybe they are committed to doing there job to provide scientific research for a living, maybe the idea that to turn in prayer as sacrifice and been good sincerely as witnesses to themselves is the last thing they would do to obtain entrance through the doors of Allah's blessings even in this life while there choice depends on it because they are perverted? some did repent and still study science.

John 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

[2.3] Those who believe in the unseen and keep up prayer and spend out of what We have given them.

[3.179] On no account will Allah leave the believers in the condition which you are in until He separates the evil from the good; nor is Allah going to make you acquainted with the unseen, but Allah chooses of His apostles whom He pleases; therefore believe in Allah and His apostles; and if you believe and guard (against evil), then you shall have a great reward.

[5.109] On the day when Allah will assemble the apostles, then say: What answer were you given? They shall say: We have no knowledge, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.

[5.116] And when Allah will say: O Isa (JESUS) son of Marium! did you say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah he will say: Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things.

Does Christianity confirm that they exist? It may not deny, but does it accept their existence? If not, then you would look for a physical/material reason for things while we would also look at the possibility of Jinns.

Peace, Aburafay!

Christianity doesn't say anything about djinns. It doesn't say anything about potatoes, hummingbirds, the theory of relativity, or any number of other things which I believe. As it happens, I think it's fairly likely that what you call djinns are somethings which exist.

But yes, I do look for a more material reason to explain the behavior of this dog in Raja's post. In fact, I think it is very strange of you two that you are so eager to accept the idea that the dog's behavior was caused by djinns, yet appear to be almost annoyed that I suggest it was more likely caused by something else. It doesn't seem to me like a case of also looking at the possibility that it was djinns. More a case of jumping to the conclusion that it was without considering other explainations.

A few months ago, one of my cats appeared to be absolutely stiff with terror over something I couldn't see. I didn't suppose it was djinns. Or ghosts, as many Westerners might have done. I thought my cat had developed epilepsy, been poisoned, or had a cerebral event (a small stroke). I took her to the vet. They don't know what it was either. Maybe it was djinns. I suppose I might have saved myself some money if I'd assumed it was djinns and not bothered going to the veterinarian's, but doing so would probably have qualified as neglecting my cat.

If there's a place in the room where it's weirdly cold, I would look for a physical cause before I assumed a 'supernatural' one. If there was a plausible explaination that does not involve djinns or ghosts but involves a draft, I would accept that explaination as the most likely answer, even if I was firmly convinced that djinns exist.

I'm curious: How do you know this building is occupied by djinns?

Peace, Raja.

Were you hoping I might explain the superior night-vision of animals by claiming it was something unseen? It is unseen. Or it was, until science saw it. Some of God's mysteries are meant to be uncovered. There are lots of things that are unseen, but can be seen by human beings in this life, should people work at it. And there are lots of things that are unseen that will not be revealed in this life.

Edited by Kale

Peace Kale!

Peace, Aburafay!

Christianity doesn't say anything about djinns. It doesn't say anything about potatoes, hummingbirds, the theory of relativity, or any number of other things which I believe. As it happens, I think it's fairly likely that what you call djinns are somethings which exist.

Thjere is a big difference between Jinns and the oyther things you mention. Jinns are a species like us. They were created with a purpose, with a mind to differentiate between right and wrong. Like us, they will end up in Heaven and Hell, based on how they spent their life before the Day of Judgement.

But yes, I do look for a more material reason to explain the behavior of this dog in Raja's post. In fact, I think it is very strange of you two that you are so eager to accept the idea that the dog's behavior was caused by djinns, yet appear to be almost annoyed that I suggest it was more likely caused by something else. It doesn't seem to me like a case of also looking at the possibility that it was djinns. More a case of jumping to the conclusion that it was without considering other explainations.

When you do not have anything in your database about Jinns, you will tend to speculate on material reasons. If you re-read my first post, can you show me my eagerness. If I may quote my statement for your convenience, may be it will be easier to see my reluctance to speculate and later statement that may be there was something.

"We should not speculate about what it could have been. The brother did right in praing to Allah sw.gif for help againstthe shaytan. It is said that animals can see things that we cannot see. May be there was something that the dog saw. ah.gif the incident is over. The best thing to do is to read ayat Al-Kursee as it saves us from calamities."

However, your post shows eagerness to find material reasons for what happened.

A few months ago, one of my cats appeared to be absolutely stiff with terror over something I couldn't see. I didn't suppose it was djinns. Or ghosts, as many Westerners might have done. I thought my cat had developed epilepsy, been poisoned, or had a cerebral event (a small stroke). I took her to the vet. They don't know what it was either. Maybe it was djinns. I suppose I might have saved myself some money if I'd assumed it was djinns and not bothered going to the veterinarian's, but doing so would probably have qualified as neglecting my cat.

Quite possible. Jinns do not normally interact with humans and we cannot normally see them. But animals can and when they come into our range, the animals will react. Ghosts are just man's attempt at trying to create an imaginary creature for Jinns.

If there's a place in the room where it's weirdly cold, I would look for a physical cause before I assumed a 'supernatural' one. If there was a plausible explaination that does not involve djinns or ghosts but involves a draft, I would accept that explaination as the most likely answer, even if I was firmly convinced that djinns exist.

Not everything isa related to Jinns. They will not create cold and heat as that will be interfering withour lives.

I'm curious: How do you know this building is occupied by djinns?

It is a prime property in the middle of downtown, at an intersection, where it could earn atleast USD 500,000 per year rent. In fact it was let until recently and then suddenly evacuated. It is a desolate place, the plants and trees are dead, there is nobody tending to the upkeep. There are people who can communicate with Jinns and can establish when they make a presence and interfere with people.

Peace out.

Peace, Aburafay!

When you do not have anything in your database about Jinns, you will tend to speculate on material reasons.

Well, the way I see it, I have a pretty good database about jinns. I know lots of stories about djinns in specific, even, and a great many stories about ghosts and pookas and manitouus and such -- all beings that you would say are people's attempts to explain djinns. Or are simply another name for djinns. I even believe in them. Well, not ghosts as in lost human souls, but things you can't see. I believe in the Manitouu that is said to live in the town I used to live in, and would, like everybody else, avoid the pretty little pool where the Manitouu was said to hang about. I'm perfectly happy to say that a Manitouu is just a djinn that likes to stay near water, in wild places. Though the story goes that if you could see it, which you can't, it would look like a blue puma with a snake for its tail. It can't really hurt you, and yet supposedly it's somehow dangerous.

"We should not speculate about what it could have been. The brother did right in praing to Allah sw.gif for help againstthe shaytan. It is said that animals can see things that we cannot see. May be there was something that the dog saw. ah.gif the incident is over. The best thing to do is to read ayat Al-Kursee as it saves us from calamities."

However, your post shows eagerness to find material reasons for what happened.

I stand corrected, and I apologize.

True enough, I may be eager to see material reasons. I think it better to try to understand all possibilities, material and otherwise, and to generally assume that the simplest explaination is the most likely. Also, it is perhaps comforting to think that the incident was not caused by a frightening djinn, but rather by the limited cognative abilities of a dog.

Not everything isa related to Jinns. They will not create cold and heat as that will be interfering withour lives.

If they can't interfere with your life, how do you know they are there? I think the 'cold patches' that western people accociate with ghosts are not said to register on a thermometer, it's just something that some people feel when near a djinn "ghost." Like the feeling that something is staring at you that most people have near the pool where the Manitouu is said to be.

It is a prime property in the middle of downtown, at an intersection, where it could earn atleast USD 500,000 per year rent. In fact it was let until recently and then suddenly evacuated. It is a desolate place, the plants and trees are dead, there is nobody tending to the upkeep. There are people who can communicate with Jinns and can establish when they make a presence and interfere with people.

That sounds like every 'haunted house' story. Usually it turns out that the 'haunted house' is burned out or has broken plumbing or is otherwise uninhabitable, and the people who own it are just taking years to get the money to repair it or to sell it to someone who can. Years ago, as a teen, I was really interested in ghosts and things and would phone finding these things out. Do you know what happened just before it was evacuated?

Peace, Aburafay!

Well, the way I see it, I have a pretty good database about jinns. I know lots of stories about djinns in specific, even, and a great many stories about ghosts and pookas and manitouus and such -- all beings that you would say are people's attempts to explain djinns. Or are simply another name for djinns. I even believe in them. Well, not ghosts as in lost human souls, but things you can't see. I believe in the Manitouu that is said to live in the town I used to live in, and would, like everybody else, avoid the pretty little pool where the Manitouu was said to hang about. I'm perfectly happy to say that a Manitouu is just a djinn that likes to stay near water, in wild places. Though the story goes that if you could see it, which you can't, it would look like a blue puma with a snake for its tail. It can't really hurt you, and yet supposedly it's somehow dangerous.

When I said you did not have a good database, I meant in terms of belief. All of us are told stories about these objects in stories during childhood and like to explore them in our teenage period. But, being stories, they are superficial.

I stand corrected, and I apologize.

True enough, I may be eager to see material reasons. I think it better to try to understand all possibilities, material and otherwise, and to generally assume that the simplest explaination is the most likely. Also, it is perhaps comforting to think that the incident was not caused by a frightening djinn, but rather by the limited cognative abilities of a dog.

Thanks.

Cerainly, a material reason is better to explain something away. But, as Muslims, we have to be quick in asking Allah :D for help, in case there is something that can harm us.

If they can't interfere with your life, how do you know they are there? I think the 'cold patches' that western people accociate with ghosts are not said to register on a thermometer, it's just something that some people feel when near a djinn "ghost." Like the feeling that something is staring at you that most people have near the pool where the Manitouu is said to be.

They are present in this world and may be anywhere. There may be one right beside me while I type. :D Sometimes things happen where their presence becomes obvious. One of my colleagues had a neighbor who was so scandalised by a Jinn that he was on the brink of killing himself. A person who could communicate found that this Jinn had been sent to bring so much agony to him that he should take his life. They had two weeks of disaster. The gentleman left his house with his family and stayed in Makkah, in the Masjid, for a week to stay away from the Jinn as he would not come near the Masjid. Then they found someone who could get rid of this Jinn.

That sounds like every 'haunted house' story. Usually it turns out that the 'haunted house' is burned out or has broken plumbing or is otherwise uninhabitable, and the people who own it are just taking years to get the money to repair it or to sell it to someone who can. Years ago, as a teen, I was really interested in ghosts and things and would phone finding these things out. Do you know what happened just before it was evacuated?

This building belongs to someone who has tons of money, so it is not a case of lack of funds for repair.

Actually, I was in this city when it was occupied and then left. I have come back couple of years' back and have come to know that this building is occupied by Jinns. Usually, when they are in large numbers in a building, it is advisable not to disturb them as they would then find other locations and may disrupt more people.

Peace out.

Peace, Raja.

Were you hoping I might explain the superior night-vision of animals by claiming it was something unseen? It is unseen. Or it was, until science saw it. Some of God's mysteries are meant to be uncovered. There are lots of things that are unseen, but can be seen by human beings in this life, should people work at it. And there are lots of things that are unseen that will not be revealed in this life.

Peace Kale,

Why do you insinuate that i was hoping "you" might explain anything Islamic?

I am seeking a Islamic answer for one and your opinion seems to argue against not only Islamic, but also Judaism and Christian teachings about the unseen, this is why i posted just one of many teachings from the same book you read (if you do).

I believe from reading your posts that you missed a very important foundation of what faith means in Allah, and that is here :

[6.164] Say: What! shall I seek a Lord other than Allah? And He is the Lord of all things; and no soul earns (evil) but against itself, and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another; then to your Lord is your return, so He will inform you of that in which you differed.

[2.141] This is a people that have passed away; they shall have what they earned and you shall have what you earn, and you shall not be called upon to answer for what they did.

My point is i posted a Islamic question and your opinion does not support these facts, but your welcome to learn about Islam :D

Peace.

I don't see anything unIslamic about the structure of eyes, which God made, being responsible for the superior night-vision of animals. Or in explaining about not-uncommon behaviors in dogs. Saying that X is true does not always imply that Y is false.

But all right, I shall be silent.

Peace.

I don't see anything unIslamic about the structure of eyes, which God made, being responsible for the superior night-vision of animals. Or in explaining about not-uncommon behaviors in dogs. Saying that X is true does not always imply that Y is false.

Peace to you again KALE.

I will make this short if i may.

Does the remark above you made promise me salvation as Allah does?

You do realize that your walking into Islam the hard way, come in peace, we love those who eschew evil, if you agree to.

Peace.

Saying that X is true does not always imply that Y is false.

We do not know better then our creator do we?

Peace.

But all right, I shall be silent.

Hey your insinuating again :D , speak out against evil not those who seek salvation.

We are people like you who chose Allah instead of puting our trust in the profesional world's hands filled with politicians, pagans and there fancy anoyances.

You want to know what its like inside Islam? try practicing, you have to make the same sacrifice all of us do turning to prayer for salvation. Its not just about been convinced after reading the Qur'an, its about living it, and avoiding those pitfalls in life, salvation here and forever.

You can not gain anything from Islam until you make the sacrifice yourself, read this.

How we pray:

Matthew 26:39: "And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Luke 6:12: "And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.

Matthew 15:19  But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Salam kale, i believe Islam is calling you :D Edited by Raja