Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
property_of_allah

Muslim Girls Wins Right To Wear Jilbab

asalamu alaikum

ok...

How many times have you prayed to Allah knowing what you're asking for is a good cuase yet you don't get it. Maybe you havn't, but ask others, I'm sure they have.

Umm, since when did 16 year olds become smart? :D

Yeah ok, I'm leaving the matter as it is. In a way, I think it's a blessing we differ in views.

Insha Allah this will be my last post in here and I make it a posotive one. May Allah guide me first and foremost, and then guide the rest of us on the straight path, that which leads to success in this world, and the here-after. Say Ameen everyone!

Note: Please, NO ONE quote me again, I don't want to be brought back into this!

PropellerAds

:D

Akhis & uktis.. pls read this

A good reminder to all of us...

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/The_Series_Of_The_Manners_Couresy-t8016.html"]The_Series_Of_The_Manners_Cour

esy[/url]

Ameen brother D-Ziner and Jizakallah khair brother Mansoor for the reminder.

sister POA-i know you read it habibti...take care!xXx

wa Alaykum salam

Sorry ppl, i meant to post this link.. not the one above but read that too. it's really good.

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/Social_Relationships-t9550.html"]Social Reationships[/url]

I agree with D-ZiNeR. This girl seems to be a bit of an attention seeker. She's kicked up a huge fuss for nothing and now has her face plastered in the newspapers. There are many schools which allow girls to wear jilbab. Why couldn't she simply go to one of them? And why, when thousands of Muslim schoolgirls and their families are content with shalwar kameez and a scarf (which applied correctly is Islamically acceptable) does this one girl have to demand more of her school?

Schools now provide halal food, facilities for prayer, time off for prayer (which a lot of kids use just to miss parts of their lesson and don't even pray), and scrapped uniform for Muslim girls so they can wear more Islam-oriented clothes, yet there's always one person that wants more and more. One day the patience of the British people will wear out and instead of accepting our demands, will push us onto boats and send the lot of us back to our original homelands! And then what will become of Shabina Begum? She won't be getting an education in her homeland of Bangladesh, that's for sure. She won't even have an opportunity to pursue another court case because women there never get a fair hearing (most don't even have the money or the means to get to court).

There are plenty of Islamic schools in the UK now. If she felt so strongly about the jilbab she should have moved to one of them. And of course, as the girl was trying to project an image of oppression (which is ridiculous when you consider how TRULY oppressed women in Saudi, Iran, and Afghanistan etc. are), she should do what we're told to do when unable to practice the deen properly, i.e. make hijra. I suppose if she was that much of a committed Muslim she would have done so...

asalamu alaikum

she's 16 & an ORPHAN

OMG, how could I! :D

Edited by D-ZiNeR

I agree with D-ZiNeR. This girl seems to be a bit of an attention seeker. She's kicked up a huge fuss for nothing and now has her face plastered in the newspapers. There are many schools which allow girls to wear jilbab. Why couldn't she simply go to one of them? And why, when thousands of Muslim schoolgirls and their families are content with shalwar kameez and a scarf (which applied correctly is Islamically acceptable) does this one girl have to demand more of her school?

Schools now provide halal food, facilities for prayer, time off for prayer (which a lot of kids use just to miss parts of their lesson and don't even pray), and scrapped uniform for Muslim girls so they can wear more Islam-oriented clothes, yet there's always one person that wants more and more. One day the patience of the British people will wear out and instead of accepting our demands, will push us onto boats and send the lot of us back to our original homelands! And then what will become of Shabina Begum? She won't be getting an education in her homeland of Bangladesh, that's for sure. She won't even have an opportunity to pursue another court case because women there never get a fair hearing (most don't even have the money or the means to get to court).

There are plenty of Islamic schools in the UK now. If she felt so strongly about the jilbab she should have moved to one of them. And of course, as the girl was trying to project an image of oppression (which is ridiculous when you consider how TRULY oppressed women in Saudi, Iran, and Afghanistan etc. are), she should do what we're told to do when unable to practice the deen properly, i.e. make hijra. I suppose if she was that much of a committed Muslim she would have done so...

what a weak argument.... u r saying that we should give up part of our religion bcoz we don't to upset the Kaffirs. :D :D

Allah commands r to b implemented every part of the world. let it b Bangladesh or UK.... it's his world & his world will prevail in the end :D

it's not like she became voilent abt it., she went the legal way to get her rights. why slander her?

the best thing according to u ppl is to shut up & live with it without complaining. :D truly sad... bcoz of her, so many more women will start wearing Jilbab now as they know they can't b prosecuted for wearing it.

U want her to make hijra? she's 16 & an ORPHAN. give her a break...

if someone take a fight to make EID holiday official like Christmas. I would think it's fair as we deserve that equal treatment. if the case becomes a limelight then the person starting the case is an attention seeker. Fighting for Allah' sake is publicity.

In my eyes, she's a Mujahida. n deserves more respect than u r giving her. :D

asalamu alaikum

Oh yeah, well maybe you havn't been to my place. Unless you want me to pray in the corridors which I'm sure everyone woud love to.

salam alikum,

hey hey you,ve got your self a praying place now, just try not to block the way though.

asalamu alaikum

Brother, I don't think I can pray in the corridor. No way!

I don't get it y r u ppl so concerned abt what will kuffar think?

if u can't fight this... how will u ppl ever fight Jihad?

asalamu alaikum

Don't even make me think of it! :D

I just don't have that level of imaan although it would look ridiculous if you saw the person who is saying this! :D

It's not about 'upsetting the kafir' (although if we're sensible, it's obviously better not to antagonise the host community), it's not even about the jilbab, to which I have absolutely no opposition. My sister is a school teacher and she wears it to work without a fuss.

It's rather a matter of common sense. Where's the sense in dragging this matter to court when she could have gone to another school that allows the jilbab? The majority of the school’s governors that decide what students wear are Muslim, and they came to their decision after consulting scholars (of some variety), whose own interpretation of the jilbab ruling decreed it okay to wear loose shalwar kameez and headscarf, which covers the body and head and concealing the shape of the body. That in itself is a good thing considering so many sisters around Europe and the west in general aren’t allowed to wear even a headscarf and must conform strictly to school uniform. She knew the uniform policy of the school so she should have either adhered to it or gone to a school which accommodates the wearing of the jilbab.

And am I the only one a bit bemused by her political references? What does that have to do with anything? If Muslims in the west were actually being persecuted or victimised as she claims, we would really feel it. To suggest we've become a marginalised segment of society due to 9/11 is inaccurate and typical exaggeration of the truth, something usually concocted by Hizbut Tahrir or some other madcap group that has it in for the west. If that's her influences then I worry for the girl.

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

I just wanted to add a few things here for people to think about...

Firstly, nobody can ever know the true intentions on the Sisters actions, so don't try and dont say anything related too that, becase you just don't know, Insha'Allah the Sister had the right intentions

As well as for those who are so sure, how can you be? We have so less knowledge and we are saying what WE think is right and wrong, where as there are Scholars out their with years learned of knowledge who disagree with this, for reasons i wont state (i wont name who said it, but i do have my sources so trust me on this one or you can chose not to) but then there are thers that agree . Also there are many facts about the whole thing, you are missing and many you will never know, which will change the scales a great deal, here. But no nobody is considering anything eles, but opening their mouth to say their part.

We can not judge the Sister neither can we say whether her intentions were pure or not it is to Allah (SWT) alone and to Him (SWT) it should be left. Everyone will differ in there opinions and views and this topic is really doing no good.

May Allah (SWT) help us to carry out his duties. May Allah (SWT) help us to control our tongue and behavoiur. May Allah (SWT) help us gain teh knowledge to carry out the right decision.

Ameen, Ameen, Ameen

Just consider what i said, i do not wish to offend anyone, Please forgive me if i caused any harm, thats all i have to say.

p.s. meanwhile i am suppose to be working, have a assingment deadline to meet

Edited by illuminate

asalamu alaikum

Get lost, and I hope God bless' Bush and America. You're going to need it!

Illuminate, you have just created a big rush. :D

Assalamu Alaikum Warahamtullahi Wabrakatahu,

Brothers please clam down, and dont say anything if it aint gonna nice.

I am only stating the obvoius, I am not on any side just wanted to add that

Brother D-ZiNeR you maybe need a visit to the counselling room lol saw tears in your last post and sensed distress.....lol

i'm suppose to be working.....i am so gonna fail..

If this post is just gonna get hot and tempered, i would suggest for the sake of everyone, it is closed down and only read only.

Edited by illuminate

asalamu alaikum

Get lost, and I hope God bless' Bush and America. You're going to need it!

:D ... as if that goin irk me..

bless Bush & America... :D those r the last things i would care abt.

asalamu alaikum

Keep on focus now, I know it is hard kids.

Yes, I shall visit Counselling tomorrow morning.

No ones still explained to me how to pray with your eyes.

Do you realize that our sister has done what was required of her, and she's moving on with her life.. By sitting here bashing her move, we're not changing anything! We're just making ourselves feel good, which changes nothing for the Ummah.

So please cool down, and if you don't like the action she took, then forget about it and think about better things.

asalamu alaikum

think about better things.

Meh, better things? What better things are there! Because of this sister, Allah willing I could now even send my daugther to school in hijab and jilbab when the time comes.

Do you even know what this means to me? I am very protective of my own sister and the thought of having my own daughters (Allah willing) to go out in a school full of yobs and guys with no modesty frightens me. Because of this, I can now think less of that!

May Allah increase the life of this sister and give her whats rightfully due! :D

You make a good point, back in Bangla.. she would be one of the very lucky ones to get a decent education.

Lets not forget that in some muslim countries, wearing the Jilbaab is not even allowed in public sector services/ schools. SOme of our schools back in Asia are also very very strict in what girls can and cannot wear, there is a very specific uniform with little room for difference of opinion. A very old fashioned and 40s way of doing things, but i suppose them guys are still stuck to old british colonialw ays.

I think In britain the girl has more rights then many muslim countries and other parts of the world, and this court case showed it.

A pity she isnt to aware of the luxuries the system has given her here.

Educated musim boys n girls should be making a hoohaa back in their motherlands and trying to sort out the oppressive system in muslim countries.. that would be a victory for Islam and its people. Doing it in the lands of the kuffar will have some advantages.. but what about freeing the minds of Muslims still under the yoke of westernphillia. :D :D

Edited by AbdulMajid

Guest amani

:D firstly- a quote from the article mansoor linked

“Let Not Some People Mock Other People.� In 49:10-12, God prescribes several things related to preserving Muslim brotherhood and sisterhood and what this implies with regard to that which people consider sacred. The first of these is the prohibition of mocking, deriding, and scoffing at others.

secondly- to the brothers who oppose her- what would you do if your sister had to wear an unislamic uniform to school?

and dont give me no nonsence about shalwaar kameez because that aint Islamic. thats traditional clothes

thirdly- D-ziner, your school should provide prayer facilities..however i really doubt you are in lesson from aroun 1 till 3:45????? that long :D

where theres a will theres a way.

with so many muslims going astray and a lot of youth falling for the `western freedom` we should be happy that atleast, there are sisters out there that will fight for their rights :D

Talking of praying on the corridor..

My husband sometimes prays outside the shops where people go by. Working for different pharmacies means some of them dont have a staff room or even store room, so he goes out of the door into the pavement and prays on the sidewalks. People do stare and pretend they are not looking.

asslamualaikum

How many times have you prayed to Allah knowing what you're asking for is a good cuase yet you don't get it. Maybe you havn't, but ask others, I'm sure they have.

Umm, since when did 16 year olds become smart?

Brother, Allah answers our prayers in three different ways, he gives us what we want in this life, He gives it in the hereafter or gives us something which will be more beneficial for us. And in this particular case Shabina got what she wanted, and masha'Allah

Actually, 16 year olds are very mature, just like some 18 year olds are and some aren't, in the same way some 16 years olds are and some arent. In this particular case I think Shabina was very strong and worked hard for her goal!

url=you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/forum/Social_Relationships-t9550.html]Social Reationships[/url]

:D Jazakhallah'Khairun brother that was surely a good reminder!!

She's kicked up a huge fuss for nothing and now has her face plastered in the newspapers. There are many schools which allow girls to wear jilbab. Why couldn't she simply go to one of them? And why, when thousands of Muslim schoolgirls and their families are content with shalwar kameez and a scarf (which applied correctly is Islamically acceptable) does this one girl have to demand more of her school?

firstly, of course she could have gone to Islamic school, but it costs money and is expensive, with her family paying taxes and being good law abiding citizens she has the right to a state education thus has her right to wear as she places and see's fit, and with this particular case being the Jilbab (which is more than just a piece of cloth) I say she has done right.

As for oppression and education in other Islamic lands thats a whole new argument, and so wont go into that here

what a weak argument.... u r saying that we should give up part of our religion bcoz we don't to upset the Kaffirs.

Allah commands r to b implemented every part of the world. let it b Bangladesh or UK.... it's his world & his world will prevail in the end :D

it's not like she became voilent abt it., she went the legal way to get her rights. why slander her?

the best thing according to u ppl is to shut up & live with it without complaining.truly sad... bcoz of her, so many more women will start wearing Jilbab now  as they know they can't b prosecuted for wearing it.

In my eyes, she's a Mujahida. n deserves more respect than u r giving her.  :D

wel said brother, if only more people thought like you.

I don't get it y r u ppl so concerned abt what will kuffar think?

another excellent point raised brother, just becuase we live in 'Kuffar' lands doesnt mean we cant implment Islamic life into it, it is a democracy isnt it?!

can't waste my energy in here anymore... God save u & yr Queen.

:D that made me smile brother....but I understand why its getting you mad

Do you realize that our sister has done what was required of her, and she's moving on with her life..  By sitting here bashing her move, we're not changing anything!  We're just making ourselves feel good, which changes nothing for the Ummah.

:D and what sistr Shabina has done has helped the Ummah, and the Ummah should unite and applaud her for her hard work and dedication

asalamu alaikum

Meh, better things? What better things are there! Because of this sister, Allah willing I could now even send my daugther to school in hijab and jilbab when the time comes.

Do you even know what this means to me? I am very protective of my own sister and the thought of having my own daughters (Allah willing) to go out in a school full of yobs and guys with no modesty frightens me. Because of this, I can now think less of that!

well brother considering you have a sister, I cant believe why you cant understand the importance of this victory

You make a good point, back in Bangla.. she would be one of the very lucky ones to get a decent education.

Lets not forget that in some muslim countries, wearing the  Jilbaab is not even allowed in public sector services/ schools. SOme of our schools back in Asia are also very very strict in what girls can and cannot wear, there is a very specific uniform with little room for difference of opinion. A very old fashioned and 40s way of doing things, but i suppose them guys are still stuck to old british colonialw ays.

I think In britain the girl has more rights then many muslim countries and other parts of the world, and this court case showed it.

A pity she isnt to aware of the luxuries the system has given her here.

Educated musim boys n girls should be making a hoohaa back in their motherlands and trying to sort out the oppressive system in muslim countries.. that would be a victory for Islam and its people. Doing it in the lands of the kuffar will have some advantages.. but what about freeing the minds of Muslims still under the yoke of westernphillia.  :D

I understand whee youre coming from brother, but surely this step is a step forward? insha'Allah Muslim lands can improve, and the Qur'an and Sunnah implemented as it should be. But you saying that people in Muslim mands are oppressed, isnt becuase of Islam but becuase of the political groups and thats what needs to be fixed

and dont give me no nonsence about shalwaar kameez because that aint Islamic. thats traditional clothes

where theres a will theres a way.

with so many muslims going astray and a lot of youth falling for the `western freedom` we should be happy that atleast, there are sisters out there that will fight for their rights

agreed, masha'Allah well said sister

Insha'Allah we can end this argument and be happy for Sister Shabina's perserverence, strength, courage and devotion of Islam to do what she thinks is right.

walaikumsalam

PS - I would like to bring this to people's attention, and see the comments made my Muslims and Non-Muslims, to both extremes

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4311019.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/4311019.stm[/url]

asalamu alaikum

I cant believe why you cant understand the importance of this victory

I can, you think im that much of a dead person do you?

just like some 18 year olds are and some aren't

Whoa, that hurt! :D

My husband sometimes prays outside the shops where people go by

Now that, is some level of imaan! :D Masha Allah!