Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lookingforadvice

Paying Zakat To Late?

asalamu alakuim

the last Eid that went by, we had to pay the zakat that was 2.5% of our yearly income correct? ....the thing is I never paid it.......I mean the zakat ........but not the 2.5% ...I am not working, and I am paying my bills, and I dont have much money...I feel very bad for not paying it, If I pay it now, will it still count as zakah or just charity money now?

PropellerAds

Asslamulaikum :D

Brother and Sisters

Well if you have the intention to pay the 2.5% then I believe so, but I personally think its never too late to pay that 2.5% , and a word of advice if your having trouble paying all at once , give the 2.5% monthly meaning divided by months and pay monthly. Plz brothers and sisters correct me if my information is wrong.

:D

I think you're taking about Zakat al-Fitr, which is one saa' of food given on Eid al Fitr correct? Yes, it is too late to pay it now, since you must pay it on the Eid day, before the prayer. The other Zakat, 2.5%, needs to be given 1 year after you acquire the nisaab (minimun amount to be eligible to pay zakat).

really. i can pay it monthly......i dont have to pay it all in 1 shot? .......yes im talking about the 2.5% zakah..the one where you save up for a year and pay from that........

Brothers and Sisters

I believe so, I've seen sites where it'll tell you how much you want to donate having the option yearly or monthly and all you need to do is calculate the eranings and divide the money so the 2.5% can be fulfilled by the time the new year arrives Inshallah. I have found a website, its associated by Yusuf Islam so we know we can trust this brother . O

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.smallkindness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.smallkindness(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

For the donation page go to right hand side and it has option for bank account and you can set up monthly payment Inshallah.

Inshallah this will help

Edited by Muslim_4life

The zakat only becomes obligatory on you if you have more than the nisaab at any one given time. If you only earn say, $900 a month, and spend most of it, and the nisaab is $1200, you don't have to pay zakat at all. However, if you do save up your money and you ever have more than the nisaab, then note that date. Then, one year from then, figure how much money you have and pay the 2.5% on that.

The problem with paying it monthly is that you're supposed to pay 2.5% of the final value, and the amount of money you have is constantly changing. What if you only have $2000, and so you pay a small bit of the zakat, but next month you suddenly get $10,000 somehow. Now you pay the zakat on that. But next month you have only $1000 again. Now you've paid more than you have to.

So it's much better to save up the money, and then pay it all at once. 2.5% isnt' that much really :D Unless you're a millionaire.

Brothers and Sisters

I found some other sites

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.iico(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home-page-eng/waqf-eng.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.iico(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/home-page-eng/waqf-eng.htm[/url]

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.reliefonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.reliefonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

i havent worked over a yr.....1 yr and 2 months to be exact. ( im looking for work) .......i have alittle bit of money in my bank, but more money in stocks.......so if i had to pay zakat on my stocks....it would hurt me alot more because im not working......(i dont mind paying zakah)..........after this.......im gonna need zakah hahaha