Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chee7ah

Evolution Of Bacteria

:D

I was wondering whether we reject evolution per se or do we just reject that humans arose by evolution?

I think there is extremely strong evidence that evolution acts at the level of lesser species such as bacteria. For instance if you treat bacteria with antibiotica they will develop resistance by natural selection... that's proven.

However I don't think any scientist in the world can claim that evolution explains the step from "animal" (monkey) to human: suddenly there is conciousness, awareness of oneself, etc... How would natural selection manage that all of a sudden??

PropellerAds

:D

Mutation impinging on the bacteria's ribosome can make the bacteria resistant to antibiotic. The reason for this, however, is that the mutation "deforms" the ribosome. In other words, no genetic information is added to the bacteria. On the contrary, the structure of the ribosome is damaged, and the bacteria are literally disabled. (It has, in fact, been established that the ribosomes of bacteria subjected to mutation are much less functional than those of normal bacteria.) Since this disability prevents the antibiotic, whose design allows it to attach itself to the ribosome, from latching on to it , "antibiotic resistance" develops.